Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pintercrack --er, I mean Pinterest.

I am not your typical bloggie. I have no earth shattering specialty knowledge or skills, don't homeschool, have no culinary skills to really speak of, have no mantle much less an OCD habit of decorating it and redecorating it every fifteen seconds to reflect the weather, upcoming holidays or my stage of PMS ... so really if someone were to ask me what this blog is about I'd probably have a real genius looking moment where I sound as intelligent as Homer Simpson ... uuuuuuhhhhhhh ...

But I try. Really I do. Between swear words, bottles of wine or beer, and continued therapy fodder for my children I do try. And like all mama's in the blog world I eventually had to cave and try crack.

Er, I mean Pinterest, I had to try Pinterest. Haven't actually tried crack, but I imagine its similar ... only illegal.

So I have like seventy gajillion pins already and not a lot to show for it. If I could become organized, cook well, or make cool shit via osmosis it would have happened already so I guess my virtual pin board is one part foolish hope and one part failure beacon. At anyrate, I have never in all my thousands of pins jumped up from the computer and said "ohmigowsh I am so doing that now." I have on the contrary said "ohmigowsh I so wanna do that ... someday ... eventually ... maybe ... better pin it JIC."

Then 20 minutes ago happened.

Yup, I pinned, did, then blogged. This has to be some sort of freaking productivity record for me.

I can't get a picture of the original on here, so you have to go to a content housewife's blog post in order to see it. Simple, yet all the cushy goodness that makes me keep up the pretenses! The original is adorable of course, and no, I don't have any flowers and the yet-to-be-posted-tutorial has zilch to do with their absence. They'd wind up looking like burlap poop in all likelihood if I tried, and with the boys and the dogs I can't help but develop nervous twitches at the thought of non-cloroxable-easy-to-dust-surfaces actually being present in my home. I only had an 11 x 14 frame on hand, so mine is bigger ... but so is my family, so I am up for pretending that was planned and intentional! Shhh ...



Yes, I even happened to have the same exact scrapbook paper on hand.

So, there it is, finished product. Except that in my zeal to finally do something on Pinterest so I could pretend I am cool like that I forgot that the non-hoarder I married made me get rid of all my teacher stuff when I became the stay-at-home-goddess so I have no vis-a-vis pens in the house.

Oh and I also have no idea where in the sam hick I am hanging this beast.

At least I have good intentions, right? Right?! {Sigh}

No comments:

Post a Comment